Friday, February 11, 2011

Deron Williams Rips Bucher & Broussard

"It sucks. I didn't think he would ever retire in the middle of the season," Williams said. "I watched the press conference and he said it was his time." 

Williams then adressed the speculation by ESPN basketball analysts that he forced Sloan out stating, "All those guys, Ric Bucher, Chris Broussard, ... I'll let them report what they want to report, that's what they are paid to do. That's why I'm always short and rude with the media, because they're your friend. Ric comes in and sits by me every time I see him, acts like he's my friend, but the day they find something they want to spin, they jump on it. That's why I am the way I am and will continue to be the way I am... Me and Coach Sloan, I don't want to say a rocky relationship, but we've have our disagreements over the years. Probably no more than any other coach and player have arguments. We're both competitive, we're both very stubborn. I think that's where we clash. One thing we always agreed on is that we both wanted to win...I would never force coach Sloan out of Utah. He's meant more to this town and organization than I have by far. It's not my place."  



Check out the full interview by David Locke of Boller, Locke and Garrard and Jazz Radio play-by-play announcer. Go to 1320kfan for full audio or click here.  

No comments: