Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Congratulations... I Guess?

I have been trying to think all day about how to congratulate the Duke Blue Devils and well it has been almost 24 hours since the almost greatest shot in championship history went just long so here it goes.

Congratulations DUKE on destroying the hopes and dreams of the Butler Bulldogs and the Butler mini-nation.

Congrats on ruining an what would have been an amazing night for everyone that roots for the underdogs.

Congratulations that you worked your way through the easiest bracket imaginable. 

Congrats that you made the ugliest national championship game even uglier by winning it.  Many are calling this the greatest championship game ever.  The greatest game does not involve teams going more than five minutes between field goals. 

Congratulations on telling kids everywhere that where you go to school no matter how hard you work matters. 

Congrats on playing the worst officiated game in college basketball history.  I am by no means advocating that Duke won becuase of the officials only stating that the game was officiated horribly fo both teams. 

And most importantly congratulaions on causing me to lose my bracket! I am man enough to admit I had Duke getting upset by Louisville in the 2nd round.  Rick Pitino I blame you entirely (Man enough to admit my mistakes, but apparently not man enough to take responsibility for them).   
Sorry I just had to post this again it gets me every time.

No comments: