Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Great Blogging Hiatus Is Over

I am writing today from the friendly confines of Farmington Utah, as the Four6Three refuses to be written anywhere not starting with the letter "F".  I have recently graduated, accepted a job, and moved across the country all in about the last three weeks.  I call this the triathlon of life.  It has been an unusual, busy, and hectic last three weeks to say the least.  Through all of this my blogging has suffered.  I apologize to all my readers, yes both of you.  I pledge now to publish more regularly and effectively.  Not because anyone cares, but because I need to write as my creative outlet.  Okay so it may not be so creative and for the first week or so I may have the writer's equivalent of Steve Sax's disease and not be able to even create a sentence ala Chuck Knoblauch.  By the what is it about people with crazy last names losing the ability to throw the ball sixty feet; Jarrod Saltalamacchia can't get it back to the pitcher.  The true reason is I need a sense of normalcy and something familiar to cope with leaving Fayetteville.

All though I have not blogged much over the last three weeks this has not slowed down the sports world, which has caused me to reflect.  During this period of reflection I have realized that maybe the world of sports does not really revolve around me and would continue on without me.  This was devastating at first, but then I realized the Razorback baseball team is in a three week slump, the Jazz were swept out of the playoffs, and the Braves have found the cellar in the NL East, so maybe the teams I truly care about still need my attention to survive.  So hopefully if nothing else my blogging will bring more positive vibes to my teams and hence greater satisfaction to my own life as my fandum basically determines my own self-worth.  So I plan to be more dedicated to my teams I cheer for, my blog, and my team I belong to my family of which I have recently realized I am not the MVP, star, or even starter, but a nice role player who comes of the bench.  I am perfectly okay with this role as long as we win, but if a losing streak starts I may go to the media demanding more playtime.    

I hope the U of A law school class of 2010 is with me in a renewed dedication to the things we love.  Yes, that includes you Mr. Gates.  

No comments: