Monday, May 3, 2010

SportsLife: Fans, Ask For What You Really Want!

As I attended a Razorback Baseball game this week with my trusty two and a half year-old side-kick Aleksandra I learned an important lesson about being a fan.  As the Razorbacks fell behind early to Auburn four to nothing, they were trying to mount a rally in the bottom of the fifth.
The Hogs got the lead-off runner on base and I hollered, "Come on we need a hit." 
Aleksandra stopped dancing to the introduction music for the next hitter and looked at me and stated, "Daddy, we have a hit."
I replied, "We need another hit."
"Two hits."
"Yes, two hits."
"Two hits or Five hits?"
"Five hits would be awesome."
She then yelled emphatically "Come on, we need Five Hits!"

The Razorbacks did get those five hits and even more as they went on to win.  So next time your at a sporting event ask for what you want, you just might get it.

No comments: