Saturday, February 6, 2010

My First Big Interview - Michael Strahan

This morning I received a call from Sprint asking me if was free from 1-3 PM EST to speak with Michael Strahan. I figured the former Super Bowl champion & seven-time pro bowler must be a big fan of the Four6Three and wanted to chat with me about the big game. I figured I could reschedule all my other appointments and interviews. The phone call was coordinated with an online-video stream so the world could see my first big interview. I was pumped, this was my big break!

Not even a week in and the Four6Three was going to have an interview with its first big sports star. For the next two hours I watched with anticipation as Strahan spoke with Giants fans, Jets fans, and even a fellow Seahawks fan. I sat with my cell phone next to me plugged in for maximum battery life. As I listened to fan after fan after fan, I planned my conversation. I was ready. I wrote down the questions I would ask, the possible answers I might receive in return, and my witty responses.

I sat & waited & waited & waited then suddenly my phone rang this was my moment of glory. It was my brother calling to see if Strahan had called yet. The remainder of the two hours passed uneventfully. I watched tearfully and distraught as Strahan signed off the webcam and thanked Sprint for setting up the calls. I thanked Sprint for taking two hours of my life that I can never get back and for raising my expectations to all-time high and then driving them off a cliff in the car of my dreams.

No comments: