Monday, February 8, 2010

POST SUPER BOWL SYNDROME

I apologize for the late post today. I like to post every day before 8:00 a.m. so you all have something to do at work because let’s be honest, sports at work is a lot better than work at work. I woke up this morning though in a complete fog as I stumbled to the bathroom turned and on the lights I felt like I was looking at The Who’s laser light show from halftime. My stomach was cramping from the three different kinds of wings, nachos, and sausage dip (Sausage, RoTel, Cream Cheese- It will change your life). My joints ached as though I had played the game itself. My back was sore from what felt like was a late hit spear, whoever did that to me better have gotten flagged for a personal foul. I felt depressed and sad, as though I had nothing to look forward to in the near future. The worst part was my throat. I felt as though I had spent the night licking Bourbon Street. As bad as it felt, it tasted about the same. Come to think of it, no wonder my stomach hurts so bad.
Thanks to the snow falling today in Northwest Arkansas everything is shutting down, so the doctor’s office is closing early and I can’t get in. Oh well, I have a lot of experience with self-diagnosis and I think it is safe to say I have PSBS also known as Post Super Bowl Syndrome. Who knows how long this bout will last? The good news is college basketball is heating up with March Madness around the corner and pitchers and catchers report for spring training February 18. Until then I just might have to suffer.

No comments: