Wednesday, July 28, 2010

All I want is a little SEC...PLEASE!

So I have moved from Arkansas to Utah and now have an hour commute each way every day.  Needless to say I spend an two hours listening to sports talk radio.  I understand that I live in Utah & BYU country and I am okay with that.  What I am not okay with is that all I have heard about in the well over 100 hours of radio coverage is only one mention of the SEC.  That was the great conference divide and was a side note about how Texas A&M might go to the SEC.  I get it we are focused on the Mountain West & now the PAC-12, but seriously the national champs are still in the SEC along with about 10 other great teams (sorry Vandy).

I just do not understand how a sports talk show can talk about Jake Heap, BYU's freshman quarterback, and whether he will start or not for 12 hours a day.  I get it already he is supposed to be good.  The SEC has a couple good quarterbacks too & they aren't freshman.  The SEC also has a Heisman Trophy Winner.  Don't worry he has also NOT BEEN MENTIONED.  However, on the brink of going insane I found something great.  Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly is on the WEB.  I listened.  I laughed.  I cried.  It was a good day.  Today I will listen to Bo and the crew and try and find a little serenity in this hectic world.  Sporst Talk covers the University of Arkansas, the SEC, and other national stories (imagine that).  If anyone else is stranded starving for SEC football coverage you can catch it here.  The show airs live from 1-4 PM CT.  Thanks Bo for keeping us stranded Hog fans alive.    

No comments: