Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Farewells for July 23, 2010

This Friday Farewell is brought to you by the ever popular Pioneer Day.  I will never complain about a day off work.

Farewell: 




Free Trips to South Beach. Thanks to NCAA investigators college football players will no longer be able to take free trips to tropical destinations.  What has this world come to?  I remember when collegiate athletes could take trips, live in big houses, get cars, effortless A's & B's, and all the books their friends, family, teammates, or complete strangers could use.  Aghhh those were the days.  No tears here if there weren't rules I wouldn't have a job (okay so I guess the real reason I am okay with it is because right now it involves Alabama & not Arkansas).  

Juicing.  Minor League Baseball players will now be randomly tested for HGH.  So much for all the records we truly treasure like the Minor League Baseball homerun record, career minor league strikeouts, and the best time on running the bases after spinning around with your nose on a bat.  Two tears for fear I will be tested & have to return my Chuck E. Cheese gift certificate. 

Chris Paul.  Paul has named four teams where he is willing to go the Knicks, Blazers, Mavericks, and Magic. What do all these have in common? Bottomless pockets and a history of spending it unwisely.

No comments: