Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Farewells for July 30, 2010

This edition of Friday Farewells is brought to you by the Deadline the one line that changes everything as we know it & accomplishes a lot for being dead.

FAREWELL:

Winning:  JA Happ goes from contender to cellar in one day.  Normally it takes a losing streak over a couple weeks to drop that far in the standings in this case it just took a plane trip and a change of uniform.  Tears, both of us have several.

Houston:  Oswalt the winningest NL pitcher in the last decade has changed to the defending NL champs.  The Phillies are like the Yankees lately. As a Braves fan I must protest & yes cry.

Prospects:  Phillies have given up a lot and wouldn't have had to if they had just kept Cliff Lee instead of giving him to the Mariners for a case of Diet Coke and a dozen bats.  I can only hope my tears will be rewarded in the future.

Title of Athlete: Anyone who has trouble running three 50 yard shuttle runs in under 17 seconds each with a minute break between each one should not be called an athlete.  A lot of people criticize race car drivers and golfers and say they are not athletes, but 95% of them could do this and a NFL star making millions upon millions has failed two days in a row.  Albert Haynesworth has lost the right to call him self an athlete he is now the blob that plugs up the middle so the other ATHLETES can make tackles.  Tears of exhaustion as I passed the test last night & now can't move today, but I DID IT!

Defense: I am not a soccer player, but I am pretty sure a group of me and my co-workers could stop Manchester United from scoring in less than 24 seconds.  I think we would have a good chance if they had to start at Mid field.  Why am I sure about this because I would foul somebody hard five seconds in and argue about it for twenty.  Tears, yes that was painful to witness.

Need more Farewells for your weekend pleasure go here.

No comments: