Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Christmas in June/July!

I tried thinking of the many sports stories that deserved some coverage today.  One of those being the South Carolina win last night leaving them one win away from an NCAA National Baseball Championship.  Let me be the first to say Congrats Gamecocks if you finish off the Bruins tonight.  The other stories of considerable worth in the sports world are the oft covered Lebron saga, Wimbledon, and the World Cup.

Non of these stories really got me excited today or could distract me from whats been one my mind all day.  Today being the 29th of June has the possibility to be my Christmas.  Allow me to explain for a brief moment.  Since 2006 the New York Mets have been anything but a joy to be a loyal fan of.  This year however they are enjoyable once again.  Early this morning I heard the news Chase Utley and Placido Polanco were going to be placed on the DL.  That did bring a smile to my face I must admit but was nothing compared to the sure joy that filled my soul when I heard the Mets could be adding Cliff Lee very soon.  Its a win win for me as a Arkansas Razorbacks fan it would be awesome to cheer the alum on to victory for the Metropolitans.  Please Santa I have been very good this year and will for go the gifts on December 25th if you could just bring Mr Lee to Queens ASAP.

Now I will return to being a generalized non biased blogger.

No comments: