Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are They Coming to Your City?




Today I am all caught up in College Football after purchasing our season tickets yesterday for the Razorbacks.  One of the best college football memories I have was attending Utah vs TCU last year in Fort Worth.  Nothing was better than walking into the TCU commons area and getting booed by everyone in sight.  We had so much fun at College Gameday and even got on tv.  We kept the recording on our DVR as proof.  So in that spirit I am going to try and predict the location of College Gameday for this season as based on the schedule.




(Proof of our Gameday Visit)


Week 1: September 4th
Easily the best game of this week will be Virginia Tech vs Boise State but the game is played on Monday.  So with that being the case I expect that Gameday will come to you live from Atlanta with LSU vs North Carolina.



Week 2:  September 11th
This game was an easy pick with Penn St vs Alabama during the second week of the year its easy to predict Kurt and the gang will be heading to Tuscaloosa.



Week 3: September 18th
This was a hard week to decide because a few of the teams could be ranked very differently by this week.  That being said I think Texas vs Texas Tech will get a visit with the crew heading to Lubbock.  I don't think Tech is that good so we could see FSU get ranked and BYU vs FSU from Tallahassee get the nod. 



Week 4: September 25th
I love it when some of my favorite teams get some love and I believe that will happen in week 3.  Oregon St vs Boise St will hopefully bring enough momentum and intrigue to get the bus to roll into Boise.  For personal reasons however I am predicting Gameday will make a stop for Arkansas vs Alabama in Fayetteville.



Week 5: October 2nd
The easy pick this week is Florida vs Alabama but will the crew already making one stop in Tuscaloosa, I am going to give the nod to Texas vs Oklahoma from Dallas.



Week 6: October 9th
This was a pretty easy week to predict with not many big time matchups.  I have LSU vs Florida getting the visit for Gameday from Gainesville



Week 7: October 16th
This will be the week of Texas.  Both top match ups will be coming from the Lonestar State with TCU hosting BYU and Nebraska vs Texas from Austin.  I don't think Gameday will pass on Huskers vs Horns after last years battle.


Week 8: October 23rd
This is a hard week to predict because there are a lot of mediocre match ups.  That being said I am going to predict that Georgia Tech vs Clemson from Clemson, SC.



Week 9: October 30th
In a battle that doesn't matter I pick Gameday to travel to LA for Oregon vs USC.  Most years this would be a very hyped game but maybe the Trojans will knock of a highly ranked Oregon since they have nothing else to take from the season.



Week 10: November 6th
This being the day after my birthday I was hoping for a great weekend of football and based on the schedule I won't be let down.  My personal pick of this week will be TCU vs Utah from Salt Lake City.  Two years ago my wife bought me tickets to the sold out Utes vs Horned Frogs and it was the best sporting event I have ever been to.  It was so incredible and such a memory but I have a feeling that Alabama vs LSU from Baton Rouge will get the visit.



Week 11: November 13th
I began looking into this match up last year and didn't purchase the tickets because they were expensive and it was a little farther from Arkansas than I presumed. Utah vs Notre Dame from South Bend is one of my favorite  games of the whole year.  Yes I love Utah and yes I hate Notre Dame.  What a perfect match up for me.



Week 12: November 20th
This week I believe we will see Ohio State vs Iowa from Iowa City.  This game very easily could decide major BCS rankings not to mention the Big Ten title.



Week 13: November 27th
 I had to go with the Holy War with BYU vs Utah from Salt Lake City.  It will be the last time that these two teams will meet with MWC implications.  I hope that ESPN doesn't pass on what could be an epic game.



Week 14: December 4th
In what will be back to back wars for Gameday I have them visiting Corvallis  for the Civil War with Oregon St vs Oregon. 


Update from Twitter
GameDayFootball @TheFour6Three We enjoyed your blog! 
              We too are so excited for another season! http://goo.gl/b/ya9V

It was awesome to hear back from Gameday and so far we are 100% correct they announced today Sept 4th will be in Atlanta for UNC vs LSU.

No comments: