Monday, August 9, 2010

Oh Rookie...


With so much talk a few weeks ago about Dez Bryant refusing to carry Roy Williams shoulder pads, I thought we need to show a little love to these humble, submissive, team oriented rookies of the Denver Broncos.  Now I never want to be confused with a Bronco's fan, sorry Grandma, but this is awesome.  Tim Tebow was the Heisman winner not Bryant, Tebow won a Championship not Bryant, Tebow is fine with a little initiation not Bryant, Tebow is a winner not Bryant?  I have never been a huge fan of Tim but I do respect the things he stands for the and that he is a hard worker.  He may have taken the cake here though with an amazingly awesome way to show he is not bigger than his team.  Congrats Bronco's you have done it right this year and now lets just hope these players support their local barber and take care of THESE horrendous haircuts.  I have to admit I am surprised that no one opted for the cul-de-sac look.

1 comment:

Uncle Rick said...

I love what Dez Bryant did here in Bug D by not backing down to Roy Williams, or as Randy Galloway of Galloway and Company Radio show calls him, Roy Uno-Uno. (By the way I love that, with one name he takes a shot at both Roy Williams and CHad Johnson).

The simple fact that Dez said carry your own *&#$%! pads to Roy also said that the real rookie hazing will come when I am catching passes and you are watching from the sidelines.

Maybe the way Tim Tebow and others handled the training camp hi-jinx is more noble and when they get there chance to shine it will mean more to them, but I believe that Dez Bryant delivered a message to Roy Uno-Uno and the rest of the Dallas Cowboy offense that he may be a rookie, but he is not going to accept playing second fiddle to nobody.