Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Farewells for August 6, 2010

This edition of Friday Farewells is brought to you by your local Truck Dealer & High School Wide Recievers catching passes from NFL Quarterbacks everywhere (or is that Former NFL Quarterbacks everywhere).

Farewell:


Slump. Eric Hinske snapped an 0 for 17 streak with a home run off Tim Lincecum in the bottom of the 6th to break a 2-2 tie in a game the Braves won 3-2 over the Giants.  What do you say to someone that hits a home run of Lincecum when he is 0 for his last 17 equates? Happy Birthday! In this case it fits as the former Razorback, Hinske turned 33.  This is one he'll remember.  Tears of joy for a Brave & a Razorback. No better combination in my book.  

Elvis Dumervil. The Broncos sack man is out for what appears to be four months with a torn pectoral. Can you say YEOOOOOOOOOW! Yes, that is right a torn pectoral muscle.  I had pectoral muscles once, but they left along with my talent, coordination, and endurance.  Sadly the only thing left is my memory (my wife disagrees).  Tears of pain for both Dumervil & the memories of my once chiseled physique (at least in my mind it was chiseled).    

Extortionist.  Everyone can finally feel safe again Rick Pitino's blackmailer has been convicted.  Karen Cunagin Sypher is now safely behind bars so that no will be tempted to commit adultery with her in an Italian restaurant.  Wait that is not what she is guilty of it was asking for money afterwards.  Does this woman's name look eerily similar to Con-again Siphon. Let this be a lesson do not do anything with someone named SYPHER or even worse ConAgain SIPHON that you may not want revealed later.  Also forgo such  acts with people named Leach, Vampire, Bloodsucker, Gold Digger, or Robert Halderman (Ask Dave Letterman on this one).  Tears? Uhhhhhhh... hmmmm...ahhhh, what happened again, oh yeah nope no tears for anyone involved here.  I have a general policy of no tears for MORONS especially for events caused by their MORONIC Behavior.    


Summer of Tranquility. Don't worry people Favre Mania has begun again and we all know how excited I am about it.  If you have forgotten go here.  Nothing like watching an interview 15 times of Ed Werder yelling at Brett over the sound of his diesel engine.  That is quality TV & I am glad it is back so I have something to do besides Guiding Light.  Let the Drama Begin!  My ankle hurts, I'm old, I want to spend time with my mommy, and oh I am playing as soon as the tough part of training camp is over.  Tears? The reason I cry my self to sleep at night or drool the dreadful drool of regret in my pillow of remorse is no one's business.  Besides I don't want to be blackmailed. MAKE A DECISION ALREADY!  


Cleveland.  In an exodus that needs someone named Moses leading it Shaq is the latest to leave the Cavaliers.  Did all of these people forget that Cleveland rocks?  Well with Lebron being Legone maybe the general population is next to follow what use to be an NBA franchise.  One thing for sure is Dan Gilbert is staying, but maybe his mind left when he lost it.  Tears for the love I have for the Four6Three Band.

Need more Farewells for your weekend pleasure or pain? Just click here.

No comments: