Monday, August 23, 2010

Who says you can't go home? (UPDATED)

The question crossing my mind at the moment is do you think that Boston Red Sox fans recognize this guy?

It is now known that the Red Sox have claimed Johnny Damon on waivers from the Detroit Tigers.  Damon has a partial no trade clause and Boston is on of the teams listed.  This means it is all up to him to decide whether to make a return visit to Boston.  I know that Johnny is a Puma sponsored athlete but if I had one piece of advice to him it would be "Just Do It".  How awesome would it be for him to play at Fenway again for the home team.  I am not a Red Sox fan so I have no insight on whether they would welcome him back or not but I believe if he helped them make the playoffs almost all would be forgotten.  This is an awesome story and I hope to be able to update later with news of him making his way back to the shadows of the Green Monster.

The story is over now as Damon has denied the move to the Red Sox and decided to stay in Detroit.  It would of been fun to see him back at Fenway but this just gives Sox fans another reason to hate him.

No comments: